Who Should take this course
Law enforcement or Intelligence professionals, Online Investigators, Risk Management Professionals, Military Personnel, Geopolitical Analysts, Corporate Investigators, Diplomatic staff and foreign affairs professionals, Journalists.
The advanced Maltego/ Social Links training program will teach participants a systematical, methodological approach to design, setup, and conduct investigations through open sources. We will show a practical, hands-on training that will give the students all the skills and tools they need to do an effective Open Source Intelligence research and analysis achieving good, reliable results. Participants will return home with all the abilities they need to execute a correct Internet Search by using Maltego and Social Links.
Workshop duration :
3 days – 21 hours
Basic knowledge of Information Technology and attitude to the use of IT tools.
Basic knowledge of Open Source Intelligence and Social Media Intelligence
- Understanding OSINT (theoretical and technical aspects);
- Setting and preparation of Maltego Dashboard
- Entities and transforms Maltego bread and butter
- Importing CSV and datasheet in Maltego
- Maltego as Visual Investigative Scenario
- Using Social Link to investigate Facebook profiles
- Using Social Links to Investigate Twitter profiles
- Incorporating Graph Queries in Maltego Through Scraping
- Incorporating Twitter manual queries in Maltego Through Scraping
- How to get companies information around the world by using Social Links
- Maltego as Personal Search Engine
- Profiling people and organizations
Software to be installed:
Students must come with a modern laptop configured with the following software:
- Google Chrome (latest version)
- Microsoft Office or equivalent software (Open Office)
- Maltego PRO client
Further setup instructions, will be sent to the students that will enroll in the training
Leonida Reitano, a leading global OSINT expert, teaches cutting edge techniques and strategies for conducting effective online investigations.